Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wake me up, love, every day!

Lindsey and I stay pretty frugal at all times.  We have little extra money for luxuries, so vacations are cheap or non-existent.  Last year our big get-a-way was spending three days in the hospital at St. Al's welcoming our new arrival, Riley.  This year, we're joking that we loved it so much, we're back for another vacay, this time staying a little longer.

She's in good spirits today, and feeling better than ever.  She's been able to get up and walk a little.  Her legs are strong and she's getting more and more steady as she goes.  She was able to sit up today and eat lunch by herself.  She didn't even spill a drop (which is more than we could say for my brother who visited during his lunch hour). 

Last night she was able to take a shower, and brush her teeth.  Her aunt Amy bought her some cute pajamas to wear during her stay at the hospital.  We were both glad for the feeling, look, and sense on normalcy.  She brushed her own hair and I helped her put it up into a messy bun again. 

The outlook is good for her recovery.  We'll learn more today.  She seems to be progressing well, and shows more and more that she comprehends, and can respond appropriately.  Her control over her right arm and hand is getting better, though that'll be the biggest challenge.  We will be working extensively with her to be able to get her back at making art and allowing her to be creative.

I'm so glad I have such a good wife.  She's always lvoed and supported me in all my trials, now I will be with her during her trials.  Isn't family wonderful?  We have such a good one, too.  Thank you all again for your love, prayers, and support.

11 comments:

  1. I am so glad that things are going so well! I have been talking to everyone I know and asking them to keep you guys in their prayers. Thanks for keeping us all up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron,

    I am inspired by your faith and optimism. Our prayers are with you, your wife, and your little girl. Hang in there, buddy!

    Courtney (McQuain) Lennberg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you guys can joke about this year's vacation. I am so happy for her progress. She is doing an amazing job in such a short period of time. I have a feeling that her love and passion for art will help her in healing that much faster. What great therapy.
    Remember to take care of yourself and get rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Aaron. I have been totally behind! I am so sorry to hear about your wife! I'll be thinking about and praying for your family. Sounds like your wife is doing well! Love, Ashlie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I let Chris know what is going on and he told me he is your home teaching companion! We are praying for you guys and I hope that we can all get together for dinner sometime...I know Lindsey has wanted to do that since I had my baby! I hope we can! Let her know that I think she is beautiful and the nicest person I have met!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aaron,
    I'm one of Lindsey's friends from our Backstreet Boys/sparkly lipgloss days (middle school). I love how you write about her, I can tell you are her best friend and a wonderful husband. Your family is in my prayers.
    Larissa Browne

    ReplyDelete
  7. For my Dear Friend Aaron, his Beautiful Wife Lindsey and Sweet Little Girl Riley:
    We love you all so much and I am so glad to hear that Lindsey is doing better. You are a great family and there is so much love that you all share. Aaron, I am so glad you are able to be beside Lindsey, I know how much that means to her. You are each others strength and we will have you all in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love you lots,
    The Smith Crew

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaron -

    I met your sweet wife when I was at your mom's house just 15 days ago. She amazed me then, and I had planned (best intentions, you know) on writing you a quick note when I got home to tell you that I was impressed by her, but forgot. When I went back for the baby blessing on Sunday night I was shocked and dismayed to hear that I wouldn't be able to tell you in person when I saw you, but was comforted by the Spirit when I was blessed with the privilege of kneeling in prayer on her behalf with the roughly 50 other family and friends in your mom & dad's living room. A beautiful prayer was spoken, many tears wept by most of us, and I know I was not the only one who felt edified by the experience. Please know that there are many - hundreds upon hundreds praying for her. Our family continues to pray for her complete recovery every night, and we know that the Lord is watching over your sweet family always.

    Jill Peterson
    Sandy, UT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaron- We love you guys. We think about and pray for your everyday. Can't wait to see Lindsey's beautiful smiling face next time we get to Boise- probably around the Holidays! Love you

    Summer and David

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaron- just read your facebook updates and came here and read about what your family is dealing with. I am so sorry! You and your lovely wife and daughter are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had a prayer in my heart so much for all of you! I think of you guys often!

    ReplyDelete